Saturday, May 1, 2010

How to make an entrance


My dad is a creative guy.  This is, no doubt, a good trait to have.  However, it sometimes needs to be reigned in a bit.  Every time I chide him for not being actively involved in the wedding planning he comes up with some highly creative ideas that will never, ever be approved.  Much of his fixation has been on our entrance.  Rather than simply walking down the aisle, he has suggested dancing, Harleys, a tandem bike, jetskis...and the list goes on.

So when Mike had his first wedding-related dream the other night, it was no surprise that it involved a wacky entrance idea.  In his dream, I was going to rappel down from the trees and my dad was hoisting me up by attaching the other end of the rope to the back of a Harley.  Mike was not-too-pleased with the plan.

I talked to my dad that next weekend and mentioned the dream.  Turns out he had been brainstorming a plan with some friends at work that involved setting up some ziplines in the trees.  He already had a friend ready to build some platforms.  Shocking, and yet not so shocking at the same time.

Unfortunately for my dad, a quick google search revealed that it's already been done!  Back to the drawing board, I guess!
::photo::

1 comment: