Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The first purchase

My first official purchase for our wedding was a vintage, free-standing, old-school chalkboard.

I scored it for $30 off of Craigslist.  Luckily, my awesome sister and helpful parents were willing to make it happen, seeing as I'm seven thousand odd miles away and unable to pick up, haul, or store said chalkboard.  I'm so excited to use it!  And, being the nerdy teacher that I am (I actually own my own overhead projector...but that's another story), I am excited to use it post-wedding in my classroom, as well!

As for how I plan to use it in our wedding, check out my inspiration:


I definitely want a photo guestbook!  I'm not a big fan of traditional guestbooks or the big "have the guests sign their names on a photo mat" trend.  I think fun pictures make it a whole lot more enjoyable to look at and a better memento.  We still have to figure out exactly how we'll work out the photo portion, but we have a few ideas and Mike is willing to pitch in on that since it involves technology.  :)


Real wedding chalkboard inspiration from ::here::

No comments:

Post a Comment